Certified Child Life Specialist
The focus of this position is to assess the individual needs of the children in our program, to liaise with families and volunteers in supporting mothers and their children through the cancer journey and to develop and implement program activities and plans to standardize Nanny Angel Network service delivery for families. The Child life Specialist may provide further individual care and therapeutic interactions and activities that offer emotional support to children related to the cancer diagnosis of their mother.
The successful candidate for this position enjoys working with children and their families from a wide range of cultural backgrounds, has excellent verbal and written communications skills, is able to manage a variety of competing priorities, is creative and can think out of the box, can adapt to a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, can manage the stress that comes with working with families dealing with life threatening illness, understands the complexities around working with volunteers, has access to a vehicle, is comfortable with in-home assessments and care.
- Conduct initial assessment in the home of families entering NAN service along with the assigned volunteer
- Provide volunteers with support throughout the course of service
- Manage the ongoing relationship between the family and the volunteer
- Provide individual support to children when required
- Develop standardized program plans and activities
- Create “Playbook” for volunteers for each age group
- Assist in the design and implementation of program evaluation
- Contribute content for blogs, newsletters, social media
- Participate in NAN related activities involving recruitment, fundraising, training etc.
- Provide input on volunteer performance and evaluation
Bachelor’s Degree and postgraduate diploma in Child Life Studies
Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience within the last 3 years as a Child Life Specialist
Demonstrated clinical expertise in assessments, planning and interventions for children dealing with illness and death
Demonstrated organization, problem-solving and conflict management skills
Available to accommodate home assessments on evenings and weekends
Must have a vehicle, valid driver’s licence and insurance
Please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org