Imagine a world where every mother with cancer receives the care needed for her children – so she has enough time to care for herself. The Nanny Angel Network offers rewarding volunteer positions for skilled childcare providers who are looking to make a difference.
Nanny Angels provide free, specialized in-home relief childcare for mothers who have been diagnosed with cancer, for those requiring palliative care and for families requiring additional relief during the bereavement period.
What you do:
• Provide fun, educational, creative and safe experiences for the children in their own home
• Commit to one-year as a volunteer, ensuring support during the duration of a mom’s cancer treatment and recovery
• Deliver 4 hours of childcare service per week to the same family
How we do it:
• Nanny Angels are matched with families based on compatibility and location within the Greater Toronto Area: Halton, Peel, York, Durham Regions and the City of Toronto
• All Nanny Angels receive specialized training in grief and bereavement
• The role is not that of a babysitter, housekeeper, or personal assistant – Nanny Angels are there to engage and support the children
What you need:
• One year of recent professional childcare experience such as:
• Professional Nannies
• Teachers, Social Workers, Nurses and Child Life Specialists
• Early Childhood Educators
• Students currently enrolled in professional programs stated above
• Camp Counselors with cumulative experience
• Must be 18, have a vulnerable sector police clearance, and current CPR and First Aid training (can be arranged through NAN)
There’s a family in your community waiting for their very own Nanny Angel.