NAN In Person Visit COVID-19 Volunteer Policy and Procedure
NAN In Person Visit COVID-19 Volunteer Policy
As a Nanny Angel volunteer who intends to visit NAN families in person, you agree to:
- Conduct self-monitoring practices for the entirety of your contract with NAN.
- Immediately suspend visits, self-isolate, report to NAN and seek medical advice by contacting your primary care provider or Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) for further direction on clinical assessment at the onset of any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (temperature equal to or greater than 37.8 degrees Celsius)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- New olfactory or taste disorder (decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell)
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Runny nose, or nasal congestion – in absence of underlying reason for these symptoms such as seasonal allergies, post nasal drip etc.
- And other atypical symptoms of COVID-19
- Follow medical advice on how to respond to suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case.
- Inform NAN immediately if a positive COVID-19 result has been issued to you.
- Provide supporting documentation, such as COVID-19 results or physician notes, if required to continue to NAN visits.
- Conduct and participate in health screening checklist at the beginning of every NAN visit.
- Record the results of health screening checklist as part of regular feedback at the end of every NAN visit.
- Exercise handwashing with soap that lathers for 20-30 seconds when coming in from outside, after using the restroom, before and after eating, and before putting on your mask and after removing it.
- Wear masks when going out in public, on your way to your visit and on your way back home, during your health screening upon arrival at NAN family home, and for the entirety of your NAN visit. 5 You can learn more about face coverings and masks here.
- Limit taking children out to public places. When necessary to go out, practice physical distancing. Avoid interactions with multiple people as much as possible. Stay at home as much as you are able.
- Sanitize door handles, light switches, tabletops, toys, toilet and faucet handles used throughout your visit regularly.
- Never share eating utensils, food or drinks; serve food to each person individually.
- Change into clean NAN uniform upon arriving in home and before interacting with children.
- Leave all toys in-home.
- Accurately report every visit in ‘My Impact’ app to assist with contact tracing in the event that a positive test has been issued.
- Truthfully communicate your COVID-19 Risk Tolerance level to Nanny Angel Network and provide updates to the organization and NAN family should it change at any time.