Our Vision, Mission, and Values
We have a vision of a world where every mother with cancer receives the support she needs to care for her children.
Where mothers no longer have to choose between their care and the care of their children. Where they have the time they need to rest and recover. Where children of mothers with cancer have the support of a specially trained volunteer so they are less stressed, able to share their feelings in a safe environment and build resilience for the future. Where a large, active and engaged network of trained volunteer caregivers takes pride in volunteering to care for children of mothers with cancer.
At the Nanny Angel Network, we lessen the impact of cancer on families.
That’s a big mission. How do we do it?
- By providing free, specialized, relief childcare to mothers with cancer for kids 16 and under
- By giving kids coping strategies to manage their anxiety and grief and help build resilience
- By helping to maintain a sense of normalcy for kids during a very difficult time
- By supporting parents as they navigate their families through the cancer journey, including through the bereavement period if necessary
- By galvanizing a network of deeply committed volunteer Nanny Angels to support families who need them
Excellence: Mother and family-centered support. We are driven to provide high quality childcare with evidence-based supports for mothers and their families through all phases of the cancer journey.
Equity: We believe all mothers with cancer, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status, should receive the childcare they need during their cancer journey.
Compassion: We are here to give hope and support. We know what a difficult time this is for our NAN families and we do everything we can to help make a difference and ease the burden on our families.
Innovation: We like to do things differently. We believe in constant adaptation and creative improvement to nimbly respond to the changing needs of our community.
Accountability: We are accountable to all of our stakeholders – mothers, children, families, volunteers, community partners, funding partners and supporters – and are committed to evaluating our performance, measuring our impact and improving our results.